Update: This Tutorial Works on iOS 5.1.1 too
Install SIRI on iOS 5.1 and iOS 5.1.1 Finally its possible who don’t want to have a chat with Apple’s smart Virtual assistant SIRI. SIRI was introduced to the world with iPhone 4S by Apple last year. Since she said Hello for the first time, iPhone lovers got busy trying to find a way to Deploy SIRI in earlier versions of iPhone-like iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or may be iPod Touch.
Came SiriPort, an amazing way to install and use SIRI on non iPhone 4S devices. SiriPort gave almost all iPhone and iOS users to enjoy SIRI and her services, But after releasing iOS 5.1 SiriPort became unusable. SiriPort only supported iOS 5.0.1 and earlier. However, SiriPort did faced some problems like Server Overload issue, i don’t have to tell you why!!
Now, Great news for all iPhone iPod touch and iPad users who upgraded and using iOS 5.1, SiriPort Developers have important updates making Siri available in iOS 5.1. SiriPort 1.5-0 for iOS 5.1 can be installed from Cydia Repository repo.siriport.ru – this update is not only to have siri on iOS 5.1 but beings better compatibility and developers have several new changes to their proxy servers which are capable of handling User requests without frequent connection problems that we faced earlier.
Install Siri on iOS 5.1 and iOS 5.1.1
iDevices Supported :
- iPhone 4 (GSM & CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G
Quick info: Check out these Real Pictures of iPhone 5 releasing this fall.
Steps to install Siri :
- Jailbreak your iDevice with iOS 5.1 – iOS 5.1 jailbreak Tutorial
- Open Cydia and Tap on Manage
- Tap on Sources – Edit – Add
- Enter repo.siriport.ru and tap on Add Source
- Go to Search and Search for Siriport and Tap and SiriPort for iOS 5.1 / SiriPort (Original) for iOS 5.1.1
- After Install reboot your Device.
- Open Safari and Enter siriport.ru/1.crt tap on go and wait for few seconds
- Update – New Address of Certificate – siriport.ru/siriport_ru_original.pem
- Reboot your device, well done
- When Asked tap on Install for the Certificate.
- Reboot your Device once again
- Go to Settings and Turn on Siri
- Patience - it may take up to 24 hours for siri interaction - thanks to “rogue904” for pointing this out.
That’s all, Activate Siri by saying Hi Siri, if she don’t respond just say again.
Update : 16th april 2012.
It may require some time to respond, most of my readers are reporting about a successful Siri Install, i installed in on multiple different devices myself and siri is responding right away. In case its not working for you, do check that you have successfully completed all the steps in the proper order.
Note – Siriport for iOS 5.1, as the name suggests will work only on iOS 5.1 if you are on iOS 5.0.1 then install only Siriport from cydia.
Update Video :