Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 without SHSH Blobs, yes you read that right downgrading from iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 is now possible without SHSH blobs, as most of you know to downgrade an iDevice to a lower firmware version requires SHSH blob for that iDevice saved on the lower version of firmware earlier. But, using the following technique you can enjoy the full untethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 even if you have accidentally upgraded to iOS 5.1 and not saved your SHSH blob. This trick can be used to Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 , iOS 5.0 and even iOS 4.3.3, however this process is a bit complex if you have your SHSH blob then you can follow Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.x with SHSH blobs.
- iPhone 4 GSM/CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 3G/4G
- iPad 1
Requirements to Downgrade iOS 5.1:
- FixRecovery (windows / Mac)
- Redsn0w (Windows / Mac)
- iFaith (windows link)
- iOS 5.0.1 or earlier (Download iOS)
- Latest iTunes
How to Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 or Earlier without SHSH blob:
- Edit Your Hosts File – Windows users browse to Windows\System32\Drivers\etc to access the Hosts file, open this file in notepad and add 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com on a new empty line at the end and save it.
- Run Redsn0w – Click Extras then click Select IPSW and select the IPSW Firmware file you want to downgrade to.
- Move out of Extras and Click Jailbreak.
- Redsnow will try to jailbreak using the IPSW and it will fail putting the Device in Recovery Mode.
- Run TinyUmbrella, Click your Device name on the Left and click Start TSS Server.
- Run iTunes and Press Shift on windows or Alt in Mac and click Restore and select iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.0 IPSW file.
- If everything is ok you will get iTunes error 1013, Close iTunes.
- Open iFaith and Save SHSH File.
- Now, Run Sn0wbreeze and Create a Custom IPSW file from the Original IPSW we were using so far.
- Open iTunes Again and Shift + Restore with this new IPSW file.
Done, you have successfully Downgraded from iOS 5.1 to lower Firmware.
Update : Thanks to Ralph for the Supported Device update.
Update : This Tutorial is Not Working for many Users and those who got success are more likely on iPhone 3GS with Old BootRom, so we Term this Tutorial as “NOT WORKING“. However, if you have free time you can give it a try.
For any Problem please use our Forum to Ask A Question. Do share this post and Spread the love.